Tuesday 24 April 2018

2018 BSP 12km RUN


22 April 2018(Sunday)
Venue: SK Bandar Seri Putra(BSP)
Category: 12km(me), 5km(my wife and kids)




Did not plan to join this event but my wife registered it for me when my running schedule was empty on the date and my kids were available to join.It is also nearby our house.
I was told it was organised in 2016 and made a return this year.It is a charity running event for the PTA of SK Bandar Seri Putra.
To me, I have realistic expectations for charity events especially organised by schools or universities.
Only two factors are my main concerns and I must say that both almost satisfied all my expectations for this event. Number 1 the traffic control and arrangement was good and number 2, two water stations were sufficient to me although 3 would be better.
The event tee design and material from Ultron is nice and what really amazed me was the bib.It was properly designed and labelled with the timing chip for 12km run which I did not expect for an event organised by a primary school based on my previous experiences.


Arrived with my family to run
We were also told, the organiser had some problem with the Customs to clear the medal to be delivered today.However they took the effort to give a temporary medal to runners today before they send the actual medal later by post.What a commitment to take care of runners' feeling after finishing their run!
The arrangement and setup at the event venue for FO and after the FL was also spacious enough for all for the warming up and to mingle before and after the run.


With Sukri and Fazrin
Only the FO was a little bit late at almost 8a.m. instead of 7.30 a.m. for 12km as initially stated.So, we ran and at about 5km, the scorching hot sun already hit us to make the run tougher to all.
Glad to see fairly good crowd to support the event from all over Klang Valley for the charity purpose.
The route was also nice and well marked with traffic policemen and crews were available to control the traffic and to guide runners all the way at all junctions and turns.
The route is also quite flat with only some areas with slight uphill circulating BSP covering the housing areas mainly and the lakeside.It was on Sunday morning and the traffic when we were running at the main road as not so busy as well.

I had a pretty nice run too. No big target such as to get another PB or whatsoever and just had the idea of  using this event to try some speed training. I have not been able to run at pace 5 for short distance(10-15km) since Jan and attempted it today under the hot sun. Achieved that today and finished my run in 1 hour 6 minutes for the 11.30km according to my GPS watch. 
My wife and kids and also her friends from Nilai who ran in the 5km fun run finished their run comfortably and had some fun too.
Officially I finished the run in 1 hour 6 minutes, average pace of 5:31min/km, ranked 17th out of 32 Men veteran runners and 37th out of 143 finishers in 12km category.

It was also very exciting at about 1.5km from the finish line where I was able to cheer and made a group of children to run together with me when they were just walking and looked already exhausted to finish their run.We ran and finally 'flying' to cross the finish line together.It was also very fortunate that one of my running friends was there and captured that moments.


To the finish line with children
It was quite lively at the event venue with the free favourite Milo truck for all to enjoy and other payable F&B stalls and booths for sponsors available.
Ikmal who snapped the photos of me running to the FL

Q for Milo and with the temporary medal
I am from Nilai but today I finally met runners from Putra Nilai Running Crew although I met few of them before at previous events.It has been unfortunate that I am not able to join for their regular runs at Nilai itself. You are awesome guys! Hope to see you again more often.


With PUTRA NILAI RUNNING CREW

Kudos SK BSP! In sha Allah I will come and support the event again in the future.A very good example for other schools to emulate in organising running events for the public to participate.
It was another nice and healthy Sunday morning activity for  family.I feel so happy and blessed to see that my whole family members now are also enjoying running as one of routines to spend time together other than just regular outing for weekends.






Healthy family is a happy family.We did it 

No comments: